The Connection Runners

Like a G6

Saturdays rock.

Especially when you get up really early and have time to do stuff :-).

I went to work at the hospital early this morning (which was tough)- but I'm glad I did because when I left at 10:30 that may have just been the earliest I'd been awake on a Saturday in a while! I didn't even know what to do with myself...
For about 5 minutes. I immediately realized I was up early enough to go to breakfast at one of my favorite vegetarian/vegan coffee houses: Quiet Storm. It's a pretty unique place, with a special menu on Saturdays with delish breakfast/lunch options. Today I got:

Buttermilk pancakes with roasted sweet potatoes, fruit, and scrambled tofu. Their tofu is unlike anything I've tasted before- I finally had to ask how they make the chewy texture and apparently they freeze it.

As soon as I got home you better bet I threw a block of tofu in the freezer.

On the side:

Mayan Cafe Latte: Chocolate cinnamon deliciousness w/ skim milk. Om nom nom.

Hubster got

"Hangover Hash" - roasted potatoes with veggies and beans, scrambled eggs, wheat toast, and fruit.

I may or may not have eaten all but one piece of his toast. But that's beside the point.

Then I was off for a little retail therapy- got a dress to wear dancing for my friend's birthday tonight, boots, and a belted shirtdress. Of course on sale ;-).

My carbalicious brunch fueled my run today- 6.3 miles on the treadmill while listening to Pandora Radio. Anyone else think this is just the coolest thing since paying $2.00 for a song on Itunes? Pandora is a service where you can create unlimited stations that are based around a favorite artist, song, group, etc.

Today's motivating station: "Like a G6 Radio." Yes I'm sinfully addicted to that song. The additional songs I picked for the station were "I Know You Want Me" by Pitbull and "I Like It" by Enrique Iglesias.
I bawled out on the treadmill- did my favorite 1 mile intervals:
Miles 0-0.35 @ 7 mph
Miles 0.35-0.5@ 8-8.5 mph
Miles 0.5-0.8@ 7 mph
Miles 0.8- 1 @ 8.5-9 mph.
Rest/water for 30 seconds,
Repeated that x 6.3 miles ~51 mins.

Today's happy thing: I hit my goal of 20 miles this week! It's a lot less than I've done in the past but I threw some circuits and Zumba in there so I'm pretty pleased.

Off to prepare for some baile...

Have fun tonight!