The Connection Runners

Here We..,

Here we... Went! Steelers are going to the Super Bowl!

Now, I actually hate picking a side in most debates (including sports), as
a. I hate being wrong
b. I hate trash talking
c. I hate the backlash if someone doesn't agree with you.
d. I typically can't watch more than 5 minutes at a time of any game.

But you try living in Pittsburgh and not being a Steelers fan. Just try.

Last night I met up with one of my awesome friends from college, Jess at Hof Brau Haus. Yes, it really is a large German bier hall complete with a polka band, biergarden, liter beers,and wienerschnitzel.

It's pretty much the only place you get a dirty look if you're not dancing on the table.

Obviously leopard print is totally appropriate for this occasion. I'm pretty sure leopard print might have went out of fashion, but for me, it's always a yes please.

Jess and I attempted to look civil, as we are wayyy past our college days.
However, one more for old time sake:

Classyic

Oh yeah, hubs was there too.

Today I hit up my favorite treadmill (by the window!) to pump out 5 really good miles. It was 100000x better than my run yesterday, ~38 mins. Also threw in some arm and ab circuits for ~20 mins as my shoulder is back to feeling 100%!

Then, I loaded up on goodies at Whole Foods cuz we decided to have people over for the game. Always a win-win, as I'm not so sure my ears can tolerate the volume of a Stillers bar on a day like this.

The spread:
Spicy tortilla chips
BBQ and Sour Cream Pirates Booty
Veggies
Dips: WF Guac, Annie's Cowgirl Ranch (not pictured), tostitos salsa con queso, WF chunky salsa
Sea Salt n Lime tortilla chips
Hubs also got a variety of wings from Buffalo Wild Wings

And for dessert

OMG Vegan Energy Bars

Ladies

And gents

We have a winner!

Side note: A few people on twitter commented on my tweet about reading Intuitive Eating- I just want to make it clear I do not have an eating disorder and never did- my BMI is healthy and I certainly eat my share of treats in addition to the healthy eats. There have been times where I have deprived myself of fatty/sugary foods but those times have passed! I do have a "good food/bad food" mentality inherently, which is why I'm reading the book. It's really enlightening so far, but I haven't had a lot of time to read it this month.

Night!