The Connection Runners

Giddy

Happy Saturday night!

There's something about working hard, long hours that makes you giddy when you actually have a day or two off (or maybe that's just sleep deprivation?). I'm so excited to be off tomorrow and Monday (MLK day). I love how we don't get time off for Easter but we get off MLK Day. Hmm.

Anywho, last night I worked til 7 pm, then it was time for girls night.

P.s. I lurrrveee clothes. And boots. The end.

We met up at piccolo forno, a local italiano ristorante in Lawrenceville.

These pretty ladies and I had a great time stuffing our faces enjoying some carbalicious food.

I started with the Insalata di Rucola- Baby arugula, cherry tomatoes, radicchio, toasted walnuts, Parmigiano Reggiano, and lemony dressing. It was fresh and pretty darn good.

I also shared an app, The crostini di polenta- baked polenta squares w/ gorgonzola, mushroom spread, and marinated roasted cherry tomatoes.

I really enjoyed the gorgonzola and tomatoes- and passed along the mushroom to my lady friends :-).

My main course was the Pizza Bianca - with fresh tomatoes, mozarella, and basil.

Yea, it was huge. I was pretty full on italian bread and my apps- so I wasn't really feeling this pizza.

No matter though, overall I had fun with my girlfriends and took a load off for a few hours!

Today I worked 7a-5 p, then hightailed my booty to the gym. I fit in ~4.5 miles before the gym closed- alternating between 7.5-7.7 mph paced run and intermittent 9-9.5 mph sprints. I did 4.5 miles in about 32:50- I felt really strong- maybe all the bread I ate last night?

Hope you have some fun plans tonight, I'm off to find some vino.

Perhaps I'll visit my wine rack :-P