The Connection Runners

Five Friday Confessions

Things are going to get juicy during today's post.

Juicy like Google's logo is right now.

Juicy like these pants (just in case you couldn't tell from the Old English writing spread across this girl's tush).

Juicy like the character Juice from Sons of Anarchy, which I've been watching on DVD here and there during every waking free minute of my life lately. And yes, I now I have a hankering to be a motorcycle outlaw. Don't I look the part?

Yep, it's about to get all juicy in here because I thought today's post was deserving of some confessions from this week. Well, not too juicy. I do keep some things to myself, remember?

It's been a rough two weeks as I acclimated back into work mode had a few minor meltdowns and sleepless nights while trying to get used to being a working, pregnant lady again.

Lots of little thoughts have cropped up, and it's time to set digital pen to digital paper.

Confession #1: Running is sitting on the backburner right now, kind of like those canned vegetables you know you should eat but you just can't bring yourself to do so because you know that they taste like raccoon vomit. (Instead, you reach for a side dish of chips and feel better about life.)

Yeah, I haven't logged any miles this week. In fact, I've only racked up 10 miles in the two weeks since I ran the Crim 10-Miler. Getting up while it's still dark and spending the day teaching 130+ teenagers has sucked the life out of me.

My Daily Mile account keeps giving me the side eye since I'm not uploading runs on the regular anymore.

Confession #2: Although I feel totally lamecakes, I'm enjoying taking some time off of running right now. Sorry if you stop by this blog once in a while for running-related posts because currently I'm a raging, sleep-deprived zombie who has indulged in pulled pork, onion rings, peanut butter M&M's, quesdillas, and tubs of pudding like it's my (other) job lately.

Since I started running seriously 4 years ago, training has more or less dictated my life and schedule. I'm going to take it easy for a while.

Confession #3: I don't understand the obsession with the Missoni for Target stuff. Then again, I've never really understood trends, and I suck at doing anything worthwhile with patterned wares, so hence I did not run to my local Bullseye store to stock up on the zig-zag stuff when the frenzy broke out earlier this week.

Confession #4: Adele's "Someone Like You" is a really beautiful song, and when I sing along with her on my way to work, I think I sound just as good as she does. My voice is surely awful. It probably sounds like every Disney-starlet-turned-pop-star before the Magic of Auto Tune takes over.

But in my head, my voice is melodic and raspy. I carry a tune with Adele, and we lament together over a love that just can't be forgotten.

Confession #5: My brain scrambled for an interesting post topic today, and I almost didn't write anything. But I remembered to take my own advice and just let it all hang out today.

Confessing things in a blog is somehow much easier than when I had to confess them to a priest during catechism in elementary school. I'd always just tell our priest that I was mean to my brother and sister, and he'd pat me on the head and give some Hail Marys or whatever they were, and I'd be on my way.

Too bad we didn't have blogs in third grade because I bet old Father Gerry would've gotten much more interesting stuff to mull over in his church study.

Got anything you wanna confess today? You can get as juicy as you want. I won't make you say any prayers.