The Connection Runners

PTSOTW: Nicki Minaj

I've been on a real hip-hop kick this year.

First, there was Kanye.

Last week, we heard from Hoodie Allen.

Today, it's time for a lady rapper to join the PTSOTW ranks: Ms. Nicki Minaj.

Since I'm totally hip when it comes to the hits these kids are listening to these day more or less living in a cave when it comes to hip-hop and most pop, I don't often hear about artists like Minaj until weeks after their single sits on the Billboard Hot 100.

But last week, I dropped by Channel 95.5 (Detroit's Top 40) between the commercials that played on my Adult Contemporary station (yeah, I'm old), and hear Minaj rapping/singing today's PTSOTW, "Moment For Life".

And I jammed a little bit. I was head-bobbing, butt-wiggling, right-hand-pointing-randomly-in-the-air jamming. No shame here. I'm such a nerd.

So here she is in all of her Lady Gaga-esque glory. Go 'head and jam it out, too.

Help Keep Me Young and Hip: Who are you rocking out to on your runs these days? What song revs you up or helps you cool down?