The Connection Runners

Flavor(s) of the Week

Things I'm loving right now:
1. Smoothies. Whenever the weather starts to climb above 32F my blender goes into overdrive. Just call me the smoothie queen

2. Sleep. I can't seem to get enough of it. It's amazing what sleep deprivation will do to you!

3. Superfood Packets. (In my smoothies of course). I love that they add a little something that you wouldn't get on a daily basis. From wheatgrass to spirulina to probiotics and vitamins--these little packs pack some punch!

The Amazing Grass Superfoods come in a variety of flavors-- my favorites are actually the Berry and Chocolate- but I have a ton of these lemon-lime ones to use up! According to www.amazinggrass.com,
some benefits of Green superfood:

  • Infused with a kick of energy from yerba mate and matcha
  • A delicious drink powder to help you achieve your recommended 5 to 9 daily servings of fruits and vegetables
  • Boost energy levels with natural stimulants
  • Contains plant based caffeine
  • Contains probiotics and enzymes to aid digestion and absorption
  • Contains over 70% organic ingredients
  • More organic whole leaf greens per gram than other green superfoods - not from juice
The "Lightning" antioxidant packets come in Blue Lightning, Green Lightning, Red Lightning, and Multicolor Lightning. They're delicious in fruit smoothies!

4. Green Gatorade. Enough said.

5. Spinach. Check out Muncher Cruncher's post on it here. It's so wonderfully packed with nutrients, and so versatile! I've been throwing 2-3 handfuls in my smoothies, piling it up w/ protein and veggies in salads, and steaming it w/ nutritional yeast for a quick dinner. They say you are what you eat, I have no idea why I'm not bright green...

Things I'm not liking...

1. Golf ball sized hail in Pittsburgh today. Hubby's dinged up car doesn't like it either.

2. Elizabeth Taylor, legend, died today. RIP.

What are you loving right now?

If you are what you eat, what would you be?