The Connection Runners

Hey, I've Got My New Shoes On

Last day of holiday break. Wah wahhh.

Returning from break is hard- because like it or not, when a new rotation/clerkship starts, time seems to fly by really fast, and I never feel like I have enough time in the day to get everything done. I'm hoping to keep posting daily, but I'll be cutting myself some slack as I'm entering the realm of internal medicine for the next 2 months. Wish me luck.

On to happier things:

Today's "happy" thing:

New running sneaks! I've been alternating between the same two pairs of Asics and Sauconies for the past 2+ years and it was really time to update. Hopefully my feet/joints will thank me.

These are Asics GT 2150s. Can't wait to log some miles! Tonight I have "cross-training" plans for Pilates and Zumba- but hopefully I can break these in soon.

And as promised, my fun Target finds from yesterday

Frickin' adorable plates and bowls for $1.79-$1.99 a pop! Here they are in Yellow on Target's site- they're from the Melamine Collection.

I don't know why, but for me I am more inspired to eat healthy meals if I've got cute dishware. Call me crazy.

Case en point- today's snack. Half PB+Banana sammie on whole wheat bread, + other half of banana and a hard boiled egg.

Other finds:

Cute colorful potholders/oven mitts

New dish towels.

And from Michael's:

A dry erase blackboard! We originally looked for a chalkboard as I saw one in a restaurant recently and thought it was really cool, but this was the best we found. That's the message hubs left me this morning before he left for work. I guess he picked up on my love for pumpkin...

What do you do to spruce up your living space? And what's your favorite exercise sneaker?