The Connection Runners

A First!

No, not first in a race. Today was the first time I wiped my as$ with snow. Pretty sweet.

(Update: I was running on the trails when this happened. It wasn't like I was hanging out in my backyard and was too lazy to go inside.)

I have a feeling that 2011 is going to be a good one. I'm feeling pretty good and I'm looking forward to hitting the trails with renewed vigor.

Here's a pic from my last 'race'. This was after joking around for 6+ hours on the beautiful
Foco course put together by Pete and Nick. I ran all of El Chubbo with a fella named Drew from Denver. Aaron and a guy from Foco are in the shot too. I felt pretty decent on the run, but I wasn't working hard. All-in-all it was a fantastic way to spend a day.

I decided to make a few running themed New Year's resolutions. Hopefully I can get a few other people to join me on these things. First, I want to do a beer mile. I know it sounds totally stupid, but I also think that drinking beer and running are both awesome. Second, I want to do some speed work. I absolutely hate doing it, but I should. Third, I want to do a run where I circumnavigate Boulder on the trails. I think that the trip would be 50+ miles, would gain at least 5K feet in elevation and would generally kick-ass. I imagine starting at Chautauqua heading up one of the mountains and hitting the peaks, running down mesa, across to dowdy draw, around there to Marshall Mesa, onto S. Boulder Creek, etc. If anyone knows of a route that circumnavigates Boulder, let me know (no point in re-inventing the wheel).

I hope 2011 finds you healthy and happy. Soon I'll post a tentative race schedule for 2011. Keep an eye out for it!