The Connection Runners

The Perks of Eating Your Vegetables

I eat lunches/dinners like this...

Tofu Broccoli Bowl: Steamed broccoli, steamed spinach, grilled tofu, goat cheese, cranberries, pecans, nutritional yeast

And This:

Tofu Broccoli Take 2: Crumbled tofu, steamed broc, black beans, nutritional yeast, almond slices

So I can eat desserts like this:
Chocolate Chip Cashew Raisin Banana Bread
(Adapted from Mama Peas Chocolate Chip Banana Bread)
Banana bread mixed with delicious chocolate, with hints of maple and almond, and filled with hearty raisins and cashews! Try this for breakfast Christmas morning. Or in my case, dessert after above green lunches.


Ingredients:
Wet
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup margarine (I used Earth Balance vegan), melted
1/4 milk (I used soy)
1/4 cup brown sugar (I used splenda BS)
1/4 cup sugar (I used stevia)
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBSP maple syrup
1 TBSP honey
1 tsp almond extract (optional, adds more complex flavor)
I know sugars aren't "wet" ingredients, but they are mixed in the "wet" bowl.
Dry:
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup graham, 1 cup white whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Mix ins:
3 TBSP chocolate chips
2 TBSP raisins (or cranberries)
3 TBSP chopped cashews (or other nuts)

Directions (you know the drill):
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease bread pan.
2. Mash bananas w/ a fork. Mix wet ingredients in medium sized bowl, and dry ingredients in larger bowl.
3. Pour wet into dry, mix well. Fold in mix-ins of your choice.
4. Spread batter into baking pan. Bake at 350F for 45-50 mins. I did it for 47.

Can you see the sunshine in the background? :-D

4 days til Christmas my friends- have YOU done your shopping?

I haven't.