The Connection Runners

My Very Own Green Machine

I finally feel back to normal! After my charged up pancakes I was ready to tackle the, um, afternoon.

I hit up the grocery store for some essentials, did dishes, putzed around the house, made an eye doctor's appointment (can't wait to see again!), and danced around the one things that was really on my mind--juicing.

My new juicer intimidated the you-know-what out of me, and the internet did not put my fears to rest.

Time consuming.
Expensive.
Messy.

All things a busy medical student does not want to hear (one on Christmas break, however... ).

Being "curious" by nature (and impatient)- I broke it out. I peeled an orange and stuffed it down the spout.

And..On it went.

Beautiful juice poured out the spout, and I was hooked. I may have done a little dance- but no one was home so it doesn't count as crazy (right?).

Here's what ended up in the mix: 1 fuji apple, 1 kiwi, 1 orange, 1/2 persian cucumber, 6 baby carrots, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/4 lemon, 1/4 cup blueberries.

Verdict:
Time consuming.
Expensive.
Messy.

But so worth it! There's nothing like drinking fresh squeezed juice (esp with some veggies hidden in there!).
It made about 2 cups of juice. One may or may not have been spilled on the kitchen counter, but that's neither here nor there.

My green machine next to the delicious Naked Green Machine. It was light and frothy, sweet, and fresh. Yum!

After the green juice went down the hatch, I headed to el gimnasio. Oh how I missed you.

Logged 6 miles on the treadmill while watching E!News (what's better than pounding some pavement rubber and watching celebrity hook-ups and break-ups?). The followed it up with a 30 minute circuit that went something like:
skull crushers
weighted chest press w/ crunch
reverse fly w/leg raises
weighted sit ups
weighted sumo squats
lunges w/ bicep curls
weighted punches
front and side arm raises
tricep kick backs
walking push ups
planks w/ leg raise

x2

Then followed up with some yummy dinner that I'll share...

tomorrow.

Off to watch Easy A- can't wait!