The Connection Runners

Bags are packed and I'm ready to go to the hospital

This week I've been walking around with the feeling of Déjà vu.

I've done everything physically I can do to prepare for this race, with the exception of rest. So I'm resting this week.

I'm over analyzing every twinge and ache in my body.

Mentally I'm working on the power of positive thinking. I'm envisioning myself running the race, feeling good and crossing the finish line with a smile on my face.

I know there will be some pain involved (please knee, don't fail me now), but I know the end result will be worth it.

I've already packed my bags and I am ready to go. (we leave Friday afternoon for San Antonio)

I've been antsy and distracted. I feel like I MUST be forgetting something. Surely I should be doing SOMETHING.

And I feel like I've been through this before.

But I haven't.

As I was at the store picking up some Body Glide (hey-you can't ever have enough of that stuff), it finally hit me when I've done this before.

When I was pregnant. NO, I didn't prepare for a marathon while pregnant, but I did go through all the same motions.

Similarities:

I spent months cooking a baby. (training)

I packed my backs for the hospital (bags for the race)

I became very attuned to my body, looking for signs of labor. (or analyzing aches)

Due to high blood pressure I had to be induced, so I knew the DATE of when I was going to have my son.

The week prior to it I was a nervous wreck. (like now)

I was on bedrest so I pretty much just... rested but couldn't shake the feeling I should be doing SOMETHING. (yep,I'm resting)

I KNEW it was going to hurt (holy hell it hurt), but I knew it would be worth it. (sound familiar?)

Call me over dramatic, but this marathon HAS become my baby over the last several months. I've put so much time, energy and love into its creation I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

(the last "baby" turned out pretty good, hope my luck holds with this one)

Weather forecast for RnR San Antonio:

high 64 low 50, 60% chance of precipitation.

3 days until the race.

p.s. Don't forget to enter my Moving Comfort sports bra giveaway HERE.

And tell me what questions YOU want answered by Meb HERE.