The Connection Runners

Done! Now it's time to begin...PLEASE HELP

In my first post, I talked about how I am running the Leadville 100 in August and how I am going to raise money for the Colorado "I Have a Dream" Foundation.

Since I started this blog, I haven't mentioned my Leadville aspirations or raising money for CIHADF. That is because, partially, I thought it was too soon to begin fund raising. Now, however, the time is ripe.

As you may have notice (the 1 person who reads this), I have not posted anything in some time. To give you perspective, my last post was sometime in early April. Since that time I have been working pretty hard at what I should be working pretty hard at - studying for finals. I have a lot to report on that happened during that time, but that is for another day (maybe tomorrow). Today was my last final for the semester and it was brutal. I then went for a run, which was my first run in the mountains since Fruita (which I will write about later) and normally I have some pep to my step, a little glide to my stride, but not today. I dragged myself out the door and into the mountains. It was rough. The point is, I'm done for the semester, which means I am renewing my pledge to raise funds for CIHADF.

That being the case, I want you (YOU, whoever is reading this) to help me. No, I don't want your money: I want you to ask your friends, co-workers, and family if they are willing to donate money to CIHADF (of course, you can make it contingent on me finishing Leadville - I would relish the motivational challenge). I know, it's awkward to ask people you work with or your mom or dad, but it's for a good cause. This is a special organization that is near and dear to my heart, so please help me.

The "I Have a Dream" Foundation, is a National non-profit that focuses on educating at-risk youth. Several years ago, I worked at the Denver chapter of the non-profit where I had the opportunity of meeting and working with/for some amazing children that have, with the aid of CIHADF, overcome amazing obstacles. If you would like more information please contact me directly, as I am more than willing to discuss what they do, or check out their website at cihadf.org

I will be posting a pledge sheet soon, so please join me in raising money for them. Thanks for your time.