The Connection Runners

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

No, I'm not talking about my relationship, although... I did like my husband better when he was in Iraq. (pretty sure I'm kidding there..mostly) What I AM talking about is RUNNING.

Yes running, glorious, liberating, running. And not just ANY running, but TREADMILL running. Anyone that knows me knows that I have a HATE/HATE relationship with the treadmill. I just don't get it. Sure, it's nice to have as an option when it's raining, but in all honesty I used to CHOOSE to run in the rain over using the treadmill. And yes, it's convenient to use while my son is napping, but I got pretty good about planning my runs/walks so that my son would fall asleep in the stroller.

Enter my "return to running" where I'm doing everything I can to slowly and smartly come back from an injury. Slow running, low miles and forgiving surfaces are three things I've been focusing on. Turns out I can get all THREE of those things in the comfort of my own (super hot,slightly stinky *Charles, take the trash out*) garage.

Last week I faced my fears and jumped on the treadmill. I walked a little, then cranked up the tunes and started to run.

It was great.

It was HOT.

It was wonderful.

It was sweaty.

It was too short.

I made myself stop at 3 miles. Obviously I'm not breaking any distance records here, I really am SUPER FOCUSED on low and slow. I refuse to re injure.

Anyway, I snapped this picture with my phone when I finished.

WAY to sweaty for a mere three miles,(but come on, I live in S. Florida and I was in a closed garage in the middle of an 88 degree day), but I think my smile says it all.

I LOVED those three miles.

And for that brief moment in time,

I LOVED the treadmill.

How is YOUR relationship with the treadmill?

Don't forget to enter my Gym in a Bag giveaway, CLICK HERE.