The Connection Runners

Three Things Thursday: The Power of Target

Before you go any further, indulge me for a minute or two and head on over to Run, Jodi, Run, where I'm the featured runner for Thumbs Up Thursday. I feel totally cool and famous. Thanks, Jodi, for making me a superstar for the day!

Three Things Thursday

On to the topic for today: Target. Man, I love that store more than my husband.

Just kidding. Kind of. Actually, he'd probably say the same thing about me. That's why we get along so well and have managed to stay married for 3 years. He loves Target as much as I do.

In my summers off, I often find myself with hours on hand and not much to do. I could clean the windows or organize closets, but instead, Target whispers to me much like Coldstone did the other night, and suddenly I'm pushing a red plastic cart, filling it with every unnecessary product in the world.

Never heard the Target Whisper? It sounds a little like Kristen Wiig in this SNL skit.

via Google images

Today was no different. I walked in intending to buy some carpet cleaner and walked out 45 minutes later and $66 poorer. The carpet cleaner was only $1.99.

Other crap I bought (in true Three Things style):

1. Cheese. Glorious Cheese.



Yeah, that's me kissing some cheese. I can't get enough lately. And string cheese is always expensive. Who knows why? Target has cheap cheese. I like it.

You might as well just call me Uncle Buck:

2. Sheets that are on sale this week.

We got new bedding last summer, but only had two sets of sheets. We didn't absolutely need new ones, yet these were on sale, so who can argue? That's Target logic for you.

3. Stuff to make my face pretty.

Somebody should've warned me that I'd get a major case of PizzaFace when I got pregnant. Seriously, it's like I'm 15 again. Small land mines have taken seemingly permanent residence on my cheeks, chin, and neck. I hope this Neutrogena RapidClear stuff lives up to its name.

Or maybe I could just stop eating so much cheese. Maybe that's the problem?

If all else fails, I'll just cover all my acne with a tube of my favorite mascara, L'Oreal's Voluminous in Black. Looking fashionably mole-y will be a new trend.

On the schedule for tonight: running date with Megan and maybe cooking something cool for dinner.

Where are the rest of you Target addicts hiding? Fess up in the comments. What sucks you in to the Big Red Box?