The Connection Runners

Savory

It's not secret that I love to bake. In fact, I'm sure I can only attempt to make every version of banana muffins or quick bread before I (finally) run out of ideas. Luckily, today I was craving something totally different in baked form...
Cornbread.
I don't know where the craving came from. I had tofu and falafel on the menu for dinner tonight, and obviously the first thing you think of as an accompaniment is delicious, fluffy cornbread. Right??

No matter, I found an outstanding recipe on Daily Garnish for White Cheddar Yogurt Cornbread. With a few tweaks (hello goat cheese, parmesan, and nutritional yeast!) I give you...
"Three" Cheese Cornbread

Delicious cornbread made fluffy with greek yogurt, hints of parmesan,
goat cheese, and nutritional yeast. Enjoy with a swipe of butter and try not
to eat the pan before your husband gets home...

Ingredients
1 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
1 cup corn (I used frozen)
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp parmesan herb seasoning
1/4 cup sugar (I used splenda baking)
3 TBSP nutritional yeast
1 cup Greek yogurt (I used 0% TJ's)
1/4 cup butter (I used Smart Balance Lt)
2 eggs (I used 2 egg beaters)
1/4 cup milk (I used unswt soy)
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
parmesan cheese for topping

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 9x9 square baking pan.
2. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, salt, spices, sugar, nooch, and corn in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix yogurt, milk, butter, eggs, and cheese.
4. Pour wet into dry, stir until batter forms.
5. Pour batter into baking pan, sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 400F for 25-30 mins (until top is browned).

Perfect.

(Tofu recipe coming tomorrow... )

I spent my afternoon in the kitchen... What did you cook/bake/order in today?