The Connection Runners

Frankie Says Relax... Part 2

You guys are smart.

I asked for some advice on to how to just relax yesterday, and you all came through!

In fact, your comments affected me so much, they put me right to sleep. Ha! Ok, I don't mean that in bad way. You all reminded me that it's ok to take some time for myself and rest up.

So when I got home from work at 3:15, I snuggled up with my favorite friend:

The couch. Oh, and BaxterCat made a cameo, too. I think we even spooned for a while. It was pretty much 1.5 hours of pure magic.

I loved seeing that so many of you are in the same boat as me, too. Well, I don't love that we all feel the stresses of work and life, but it's always nice to have some folks to commiserate with.

Some tips on dealing with it that I gathered from the comments:

  • Meggie suggested setting a "deadline" at home - the hour at which your brain shuts down on work mode and snuggles into something fun like reality TV
  • My best friend IRL, Lisa, thinks about the consequences of not getting something done. If the answer isn't catastrophic, she said, then don't worry about it for now.
  • Beth said that a regular yoga routine and turning off all electronics 30 minutes before bedtime helps her to unwind from the day. A good book is also a plus/must!
  • Megan prioritizes work (like grading essays, ugh!) so that the students who handed in work first are the first to receive it back.
  • Erika is a fan of quick distractions away from work, like trips to DQ. Ice cream is good for relaxation, I've heard.
  • Megan (I know, there are so many of us!) offered me a Book-It Pizza Hut personal pan pizza for my woes. YES! Who else did Book-It in elementary school?
In addition taking into consideration these tips, I enjoyed a large bowl of Multigrain Cheerios when I got home from work.

Eating lots of yummy food also helps me to relax, and cereal is one of the best comfort snacks in my opinion (among deliciousness like mac & cheese and cheesy potatoes and anything else filled with cheese!)

Seriously, you guys rock! You should all come to Michigan so we can relax together over wine (or water for the pregnant ladies) and good conversation about blogs and running and such.

What are your favorite comfort foods?
When are you booking your flight to Michigan so we can hang out?