The Connection Runners

Had a baby,Sand in my ears,and more answers

Whew! This week has been crazy busy, and wow its only Wednesday. The most exciting thing was the addition of a baby to our family. My sister had a beautiful baby boy, mom and baby are both doing great! This is her 20 month old seeing his baby brother for the first time:

boymeetbaby

Running: That's the thing were you put one foot in front of the other, right? My IT bands been yelling at me again. I've been conservative in running,doing my at home exercises and stretching, and yet its the same old story. I had two pain free weeks with the ART, so I guess its time to go back. Either that, or I'm asking the ART guy to move in with us, we'll see what Charles has to say about that.
 

I'll be honest, I've been pretty discouraged this week. In fact, I told my coach that I just want to stick my head in the sand and hide for awhile. His response was "... putting your head in the sand gets sand in your ears. That sh!t doesn't come out." So with those words of wisdom, I'm pulling my head out and confessing: I'm struggling. Its hard to keep taking steps back when all you want to do is move forward.

On to the answers. I'm still answering questions from THIS post. So if there's something your dying to know about me, go there and ask.

Carla@I Run,You Run has Hood to Coast on her mind:

Q:Are you going to meet your NUUN teammates before your trip to the relay, or you will only get to meet them for the first time once you're already there?

A:We are all flying into Seattle the afterNUUN (ha!) before the race where we'll have a team dinner and get to meet each other for the first time.

Q:Have you already met any in person so far?

A:I haven't met any of my nuun-mates in person. However, Jess and I had been chatting on the phone and exchanging texts prior to the nuun thing, so while we haven't met in person I consider her my friend... or at least my go to person to bother via text. :) Since the nuun announcement I've been exchanging texts with several of my lovely team mates. It will be fun to finally "meet" everyone.

Q:Did you already read their blogs before? (And if not, are you reading them now?)

A: Hmmm... I would say I was familiar with about 50% of my team mates blogs. (I'm assuming this is directed at all the nuun blogger ladies,after-nuun delight and nuun platuun so a total of 20 ladies) Several of them were blogs I read on a regular basis. I'll be honest, some of them I hadn't heard of before this,it was a fun finding new (to me) people. And in the same vein of honesty, I'm not reading them all regularly. Maybe that sounds terrible? Either way, its truthful.

Carolina John from Smoke Trainer asked:

Q: Is Adam actually a wonderful coach?

A: The answer is resoundingly "YES"! He is a great source of information and inspiration. I love having someone to be accountable to, and some one to get my "run nerd" on with. Beyond that, I occasionally need my hand held, and often need someone to tell me to pull my head out of my butt the sand. He does those things well, and I appreciate him.

If you have questions, leave them HERE.

Do you ever want to stick your head in the sand and hide when things aren't going your way?

Do you have "friends" that you've never met in person?