The Connection Runners

BumpWatch: Week 15

I know - two posts in one day? Looks like someone got hit with the productivity stick.

But Post #2 for today is of utmost important because it's time for another installment of BumpWatch 2011! You can check out BumpWatch Week 10.5 here.

Let's get right into the Bump, shall we?

First, a comparison:

At Week 10.5:

And today at Week 15 (and with much better hair):

It's definitely there!

Here are some other nitty gritty deets:

Feeling: Pretty good most days. I still take naps once in a while almost every day, but most of the nausea and fatigue is gone, gone, gone. I'm definitely feeling more productive lately, too, but that's probably just because I actually have to go back to work in a month (gasp!), so my anxious bones are trying to actually get things done before school kicks in.

Weight Gain: 7-8 pounds so far, according to my trusty scientific calculations. My doctor's scale was a bit higher, but let's be honest: I was wearing jeans, flip-flops, and the determination not to believe what that scale said.

In all seriousness, I'm ok with gaining weight for the most part. I mean, it's tough sometimes to be all, "Dude, just eat. You're gonna gain at least 25 pounds", but it's all for LBA.

Cravings: This is the one thing I get asked about all the time. I don't have any unique answers, though. (Pickles with ice cream! Peanut butter and asparagus!) Mostly, salty stuff makes me salivate: chips, fries, pizza, you know - all of the healthiest things in the world.

Luckily, I'm also loving cold, juicy fruit right now. Crisp apples and dark sweet cherries are hopefully balancing out some of that salty mess I'm indulging in 95% of the time. Salads are back to play a supporting role in that war, too.

Aversions: Still not real crazy about nut butters. Ice cream makes me want to gag a bit. I think I've had it twice in the last 4 months.

Random Pregnancy Tidbits:
1) Pregnancy brain is hitting me hard these days. I lost a belt a few weeks ago (somewhere between our car and the house), and I completely forgot to go to my 15-week check up this morning. Luckily the nice receptionist at my OB's office chuckled at my PB and rescheduled me for later in the afternoon.

2) Results for the Down Syndrome and Trisomy 18 testing we went in for a few weeks back came back negative. Hooray! Now we're waiting on further bloodwork to check for spina bifida.

3) LBA's due date has officially been moved up a week to January 13. We found this out at the genetic testing ultrasound, but my OB confirmed it today. Yay!

4) I'm thankful to still be running. Although I haven't been following my exact plan, I've been running between 6 and, at the highest point, 18 miles a week and feeling pretty darn good. Pace has averaged between 10-10:30/mile, except for when I unexpectedly PR'd at the Belle Isle 10k. I have one more pre-baby race planned in August.

5) Maternity clothing has officially taken up residence in my closet. My mom took me shopping last week and treated me to two pairs of pants (one has that real sexy like belly panel) and a sweater. I also managed to plunk down around $100 for two more pairs of pants, 4 shirts, a skirt, and some leggings during Old Navy's (maternity) sale last week.

(Side note: Maternity clothing is actually very glorious to wear. Stretchy pants, shirts with length and room to grow - I need to wear this stuff all. of. the. time. It's great for bumps but even better for hiding Food Babies!)

6) It's a... ... . we don't know still! Gah. I go back in exactly 4 weeks for the anatomy scan. Counting down the days!

Ok, time to divert my attention to the Debt Crisis. LBA is very concerned these days whether Congress will raise the debt ceiling or not.