The Connection Runners

Wow Wow Wow

Well, the title pretty much sums up what I’ve been saying to myself for the last day. Wow. I found out Wednesday that I made the Nuun sponsored female blogger Hood to Coast team.

HTC-graphic-blog

I am blown away by the amazingness (that’s a word,right?) of my fellow team mates. You can find out who is joining me at Hood to Coast HERE. If you don’t want to take the time to click that link, just imagine some of the most super awesome female running bloggers and you’ll pretty much be spot on.

I have a few people to thank for helping me make the team. First off, Janna, for running around Austin with me and a googly-eyed Nuun bottle. We got questioned by strangers, given crazy looks by bystanders and pretty much had an awesome time being silly. A few of YOU went out of your way to help me gain support, and I appreciate it. And finally, ALL OF YOU, without my readers I probably wouldn't have a blog. Your continued support is a blessing.

So, what does this mean? It means I’ll get to take part in "The Mother of All Races". I’ll get to run over beautiful but crazy terrain, on little to no sleep. I’ll get to forego showers and be stuck in a van with a handful of sweaty runners. I’ll get to push my body to its limits, and do it with a smile. I’ll find out who can sing, and who THINKS they can sing. I’ll master the art of using a port-o-potty. I’ll get to share my love of running, probably while complaining about it. And most importantly, I’ll get to make lasting friendships with some amazing ladies.

Thanks to Nuun for helping this dream come true. And thank YOU for coming along for the ride.

IMG_5727

“It’s an epic race. You can’t do EPIC all by yourself. You get twelve people together, you can do anything.” –Hood to Coast the movie