The Connection Runners

Hats Off to Mama!

Hello there blog friends! I'm sorry I fell off the face of the planet. Sometimes it's best to just unplug and enjoy time with friends. Especially when you're about to start 2 painful months of scrubs, 4 am wakeup calls, and matted hair. Yay!
This weekend started with a fun cinco de mayo celebration and will soon end with some Whole Foods Salad Bar action. It was certainly a weekend of hats, as after a long time of looking I finally found 2 that fit my large noggin.

And

Both from Urban Outfitters.
Thursday night was joyous---my Chocolate of the Month (free) package arrived!

Three of them were dark chocolate and one was milk, with fun additions like nerds, skittles, dried strawberries and papayas, coffee beans, and cheerios. SO GOOD.

That night for Cinco de Mayo we went to Mad Mex and caught up with some friends I haven't seen in awhile.

Friday, my lovely friend from Leave No Dish Unturned had a few people over for turkey burgers, sweet potato fries, and corn. Delicious!

See those avocados? Yeah, one of those was all mine ;-). Friday was a headband kind of night..

Saturday was Kentucky Derby Day, so after an awesome (11 mi!) run we went to eat and watch the Derby.

We then went out to watch the Pacquiao vs. Mosley fight (not that I knew it was on the agenda but the boys had been planning for awhile).
Today I relaxed and watched the Lady Gaga Monster Ball HBO Special. Hello crazy. And hello AWESOME. That girl--I mean, lady, can sing!

And of course, today is Mother's Day so I've been thinking about this lady--

Momma got herself some Chocomize love (gift certificate style) because she is the queen.

What's the best thing about your Momma?

Hats or Headbands?