The Connection Runners

Oh Yeah

Last night I attempted to make coconut butter in my trusty Ninja Master Prep and pretty much failed.

Well, failed secondary to the overheated motor, and threat of burning out my second food processor of the past 3 months..

After 5-7 minutes of pulsing the coconut flakes and cocoa powder, I was left with, well--pulverized coconut flakes and cocoa powder.

Maybe it was these massive flakes?

So I did what I had to do... I improvised.
Coconut "Butter" Pecan Bites

Ingredients:
3 cups coarsely chopped unsweetened coconut
1 TBSP cocoa powder
3 TBSP chopped pecans
1 TBSP maple syrup
1 TBSP vanilla agave
Directions:
1. Empty 3 cups of coconut flakes, cocoa powder, syrup into food processor. Pulverize x 5-7 mins, scraping down sides as needed.
2. Pulse in pecans for 30 secs-1 min.
3. Scrape mixture into a bowl, mold into small ball shapes.
4. Freeze for ~10 mins- a few hours. (I actually left them in overnight cuz I forgot- but thawed them a bit this AM).

These have a great coconut flavor and are a great, quick bite when you're running out the door to ophthalmology clinic (or work, school, you get it).

In other news, I ran another 7.5 today- I'm on a roll this week! Unfortunately, I'm "on call" until 10 pm tomorrow night so I don't think another long run is in the cards.

Best part about long runs? Rewarding yourself with ice cream (with bananas, PB, and graham crackers, mind you) and coffee. I find nothing wrong with this combination- but some guy at the checkout counter kept bothering me as to why I would ever combine the two. I love coffee, and I love ice cream. Together? Heaven.

I want that ^

P.S if you're ever in the 'Burgh, you have to try out Oh Yea Ice Cream + Waffles-- they have lots of cool ice cream flavors and over 100 mix-ins- everything from bacon to cinnamon toast crunch. Oh. Yeah.

What's your favorite kind of ice cream? Toppings? Do you go for ice cream, coffee, or both?