The Connection Runners

Want Some Nutella With Your Six Pack?

This weekend, I was minus my partner in crime. My sugar daddy. My boyfriend with bling.

2 whole days without those dimples is a tragedy. So, naturally, I kept myself busy this weekend with my 2 favorite things:
1. Sleep.
and
2. Baking.

Exercise is a close 3rd- I did sneak some of that in today ;-).

Last night I made some oat +peanut butter bars with delicious cinnamon raisin peanut butter (recipe later this week) with a side of milk and cinnamon (naturally I took the sugar stabilizing ideas to heart :-) )

After some studying, I watched The Sweetest Thing w/ Cameron Diaz and Christina Applegate. I've seen if plenty of times before- but it's definitely a good mindless watch. LOVE Christina Applegate's arms in this movie!

This morning I finally opened this DVD (which I've had for ~6 wks!)

I know Jillian would be ashamed of me for waiting so long to try this- but better late then never, right?
I did Level 1-and I think it was exactly what I needed. I haven't been doing a lot of strength training in favor of running- and the exercises were a perfect balance of core strengthening and cardio (Jillian loves her HIIT- and so do I!).

The only thing that bothers me about Jillian's DVDs is the (I think) false advertisement of "Lose 5 lbs in a week," "Get a 6 pack/Flat Abs Fast!" etc. Ok Jill- I've been trying for 6 years to get a six-pack, I highly doubt this video is going to magically melt all of my belly fat, solve my eating issues, and shred me that much.

Someone please enlighten me- have you lost weight quickly/shredded up with Jillian's videos? I LOVE her dearly and appreciate her unique and challenging exercises, and she's certainly whipped me into shape over the past few years--but a 6 pack is a whole new level of ripped (and terribly difficult for a woman to achieve without deprivation).

Moving on...
This hunka burning love returned late this afternoon, and to my delight, brought with him his daddy's Fender Strat to serenade me with.

Oh yeah--he plays the guitar too :-)

I love being serenaded almost as much as I love nutella

And baking with new ingredients:

Strawbs on sale at Whole Foods

I'm sure you can see where this is going...
Whole Wheat Strawberry Nutella Muffins
Because my addiction to nutella is in full force, and these strawbs looked so juicy and tempting
I just had to make them last all week! Loosely based on Mama Pea's Raspberry Oat Bran Muffins)


Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup oat flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup soymilk
1/4 cup OJ
1/2 cup applesauce (I used blueberry pomegranate)
1/8 cup (3 heaping TBSP) nutella
3 TBSP canola oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 TBSP vanilla agave
1 cup chopped strawberries
3 TBSP dark chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 12 muffin tins.
2. Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl (milk, OJ, nutella, applesauce, oil, brown sugar, agave)
3. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl (flours, baking powder/soda, salt, spices)
4. Pour wet into dry, mix until batter forms. Fold in strawberries and chocolate chips.
5. Fill muffin tins 3/4. Bake at 350 F for 25-30 mins.

Hellooo weekly breakfast I plan to slather in nutella.

What are your 2 favorite things to do on the weekend? Has Jillian shredded your 6 pack?