The Connection Runners

Point-Two Song of the Week: Weezer

I may have jinxed myself with this post about the lovely weather we were having last week because most of the Midwest was smacked with more snow and ice today. Our driveway is covered with about four inches of the white stuff already, and forecasters are predicting nearly a half inch of ice, too. Add to that the odd sound of crashing thunder in the winter, and we're in for one hellacious night.

Luckily, K and I got our long run in yesterday while the sun was still shining. We were out of town this weekend, so we did an easy 10 on our old college stomping grounds with a friend. The route wound through and around the WMU campus, so along the way I was treated to nostalgic glimpses in to my past: the white 5-bedroom West Michigan monstrosity I lived/studied/partied in during my sophomore year; the Den, a magical party store that offered 32 oz. fountain pops for a mere 50 cents; Gilkison Ave., which cuts through the middle of campus to host the Sindecuse Health Center and the many students who (have) walk(ed) that road on a Friday Morning Walk of Shame.

I sure do miss college sometimes, so reconnecting, on foot, with the place that shaped me into the haphazard adult I am today was pretty awesome. It reminded me of just how far I've come.

With nostalgia the name of the game today, I thought a little throwback PTSOTW was in order. Here's a great tune from a fantabulous band that got me through high school and college, and still gets me through some long runs today.