The Connection Runners

Point-Two Song of the Week: Peter Bjorn & John

Long Run Sunday was yesterday - 12 miles. I hurt today, but it's the good kind of pain, the kind that reminds you that the effort will be worth it soon enough.

I ran for nearly two hours to complete those 12. Two hours of running means I need a fully charged iPod filled with an abundance of good background songs.

What's a background song, you ask? A background song, according to the unofficial official OTRA dictionary, is this:
1) a song which one can listen to, but doesn't require any real attention.
2) a song that allows one to tune out any noise, even the beating of their heart and the thump of their feet on the asphalt.
3) a song that makes one zone out a tad and forget that they're running for such a long period of time.

So, yeah, a background song has big shoes to fill. It has to be so good that I don't even listen to it. I can just mold myself into the run and dismiss the world for a while.

Swedish indie rockers Peter Bjorn and John have background songs spilling out of their adorable little Swedish heads for me to listen to on long runs.

Here's one now - "Up Against The Wall" -

Weird video, but cool background song.