The Connection Runners

Point-Two Song of the Week: Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers

Despite my post about turning another year older yesterday, I sure rocked out like I was still in high school last night. For a mere $10, I got to see an awesome array of local bands put on a fantastic show at the Crofoot Ballroom in Pontiac. I forget, sometimes, how valuable and amazing local music is. There's so much good stuff to be heard and so many good musicians putting it out on the line, just rocking out. In addition to seeing said local bands, we were also treated to a ridiculously awesome show from Foxy Shazam, who were even better live than I could have imagined.

So, in the spirit of promoting all things local, I thought I'd use my birthday PTSOTW post to highlight one of the excellent groups I got to see last night: Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers. Loved their sound, loved their on-stage persona. These guys performed while wearing all, but not limited to: an American flag, fur coats, cowboy hats, giant sunglasses, suspenders, and a giant rainbow umbrella.

Here are two videos from these guys that I found on YouTube. The first is a song I've had stuck in my head since last night, "Ego Loss on Grand River Avenue", and the second is a hilarious tune about a bike called "Devil, Don't Steal My Bicycle". Enjoy!