The Connection Runners

Point-Two Song of the Week: Foxy Shazam

Meh. Meh. Meh. Call it Seasonal Depression, call it PMS, call it whatever you want... but I've been in a funk lately. I've been stressed at work, stressed at home, and stressed at the gym. More on all that stress in a later post this week.
Nothing seems to be good enough right now. My very warped sense of perfectionism is driving the ability to just relax further and further away these days.

I did get a slight reprieve over the weekend, though, one that was filled with snowboarding, hot tubbing, and friends-ing. If nothing else, it gave me the chance to breathe a little and to rejoice in the pure simplicity of hanging out. We were in the presence of great tuneage all weekend, but one gem sticks out - one song that induces such head-shaking rocking out that it makes you forget (at least momentarily) all of your woes and stresses.

That song is "Oh Lord" by Foxy Shazam. Never heard of Foxy before? Here's a math equation (from an English teacher) to help you out:
Queen's Freddie Mercury + piano riffs a la Meatloaf + epic choreography + one soul stirring mustache = Foxy Shazam.

Don't be turned off by lead singer Eric Nally's ridiculous falsetto (did I get that right, music buffs?). Let Foxy grow on you like the fine film that's currently infiltrating my bathroom after weeks of not cleaning it. I promise you won't be disappointed.