The Connection Runners

I Whip My Hair

By some miracle of the human body, I woke up feeling pretty good today.

I cautiously filled my lungs with air and was delighted when I felt no pain.

It seems like everyone has the same rule as I do about exercising- I'm glad I took a few days off because I certainly didn't want to push it! I wanted to run 7 miles today but stopped at 5.5 as I started to feel a bit winded. Baby steps.

Anyway this morning I got my hurr cut for the first time since April. Yeah it was long overdue.

I won't go into how much frickin hair was on the ground when my hairdresser was done. Let's just say I feel 5 lbs lighter. May have thrown an eyebrow wax in there too. Thanks to grandma's $100 smackeroos for Christmas :-).

I ran on the dreadmill for 5.5 miles of
Kick Butt Intervals

7-7.5 mph x 1 minute
8 mph x 1 minute
8.5-9.0 mph x1 minute
Repeat. ~41 mins.

Plus some
Upper-Middle-Lower circuits (using 5-10 lb wts) .
Circuit 1:
Arms: Bicep curls x 20
Legs: Sissy Squats x 30
Abs: Lemon squeezers x 30

Circuit 2:
Arms: Arnold press x 20
Legs: Sumo squats w/weights x 25
Abs: Bicycle crunches x30

Circuit 3:
Arms: Weighted punches x 30
Legs: Curtsy lunge x 25
Abs: Plank x 1 min

Circuit 4:
Arms: Pushups x 30
Legs: Weighted squats x 30
Abs: weighted straight leg crunch (lift weight to toes w/ legs straight in air) x 30

Circuit 5:
Arms: Skull crushers x 30
Legs: Weighted bridge (laying down w/ knees bent, lift booty off ground and back down) x 30
Abs: Leg bicycles x 30

Circuit 6:
Arms: Bent over rows x 20
Legs: Reverse lung w/ weights x 20
Abs: Mountain climbers x 10 to plank x 30 secs to mountain climbers x 20

Circuit 7:
Arms: Chest press x 20
Legs: Jumping lunges x 20, jumping sumo squat x 20, jump squat x 20
Abs: Burpees x 10

Miscellaneous
Arms: Military press x 20, tricep kickbacks x 20 each side
Legs: Chair squat w/ shoulder raise, jump squats x 20

Fueled up my workout with my new favorite hydrator:

I sneak this in my water bottle w/ some ice cold aqua. Hydralicious.I love the mango flav too, I got this one at Whole Foods and get the Mango at Trader Joes.

Thanks for your well wishes, and Meg thanks for your comment on my blog design. It was like Christmas again when I discovered I could play with 50+ fonts on blogger! I'm so impulsive I'm sure the style will change multiple times in the near future :-P.

Now I'm off to shower and contemplate my night- I hear BRGR Bar is in the cards? What should I get??