The Connection Runners

Endure... ing

Hi all!
Just got home from the hospital and have to make it back at 7 am tomorrow in the AM- just checking in before I hit the sack.
Today was really waiting around for my patient to be admitted, and he finally got to my service at 8pm. I had a great chat with him and felt like I put out a lot of effort to understand where he was coming from, so I was happy with that!
Despite the long day, I think I did a pretty good job of keeping on track- I ate many pieces of fruit, had salad for lunch with vegan chili, and pushed through to the end of the night with the help of a NuGo Bar. Have you had these? I think they're made in Pittsburgh but they're delish. At least the chocolate banana one, which is my favorite!

I also love Zone Bars- the Chocolate Caramel Cluster is my go to!

I thought I'd quick share a snack recipe I made last night- so incredibly simple and yummy.
Peanut Butter Bites
Based on this recipe for Almond Butter Chews from Angela
Super simple (5 ingredients), portable, ~100 calories each, and tasty!

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup chunky natural PB
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup rice crisp cereal (I used brown rice crisps)
  • 3 tbsp organic brown rice syrup
  • 1-2 TBSP chocolate chips (I used choco PB swirl chips)

Directions:
1.In a medium bowl, mix almond butter, syrup, and vanilla extract. Microwave for ~45 secs.
2. Stir. Add in cereal and chocolate chips/nuts/etc.
3. Roll into balls (mine were ~golf ball size as Angela suggests). She also suggests wetting your hands so the mixture won't stick- I did but brown rice syrup is definitely sticky!
4. Freeze bites for ~10 mins.

Today's happy thing: Making a connection with a misunderstood patient!

Off to bed. So. Tired.

Night!