The Connection Runners

Bars and... Bars

How's everyone feelin' on this Sunday night?

Something about Sunday night is anxiety-provoking. Back to work, a busy week ahead, etc.

It's always better to go back when you've had a good weekend..

Last night I went to Whim in Station Square for a friend's birthday. We started the night with some vino

Moscato for me

Garnacha red wine for him.
I loved the moscato- so sweet and fizzy! Hubs said the red was just ok.

My new dress- better than the standard LBD, no?

My Express Model hubs- He's suddenly excited about me putting pics of him on the blog- I think he wants to get discovered is just being supportive ;-)

We had a good time- didn't dance much cuz the dance floor was SO smoky. I left smelling like an ash tray but it was nice to get outta the house and listen to some music.

Today we went to brunch at Juice Box Cafe- a little healthy juice bar with delicious breakfast and smoothies (As well as sandwiches and salads).
I got the vegan gluten free waffles made with "almond milk, olive oil, oat & chick pea flour and vanilla" and topped with banana, chocolate chips, and walnuts.

They are so frickin' good I went to Target afterwards to try and find a waffle maker. Got shut down today but that's on my to do list coming up. Any recommendations? I must recreate them.

Beverage: Purple Rain: Apple Juice, Mango, Blueberries, Pineapple, & Banana

Sooo fruity delicious.

Afterwards, like I said we went to Target, also stopped by TJ Maxx.
Findings:

  • Dr. Kracker Pumpkin Seed Cheddar Crackers- one of my favorites. They're extra crunchy and filled with seeds.
  • Humbles hummus chips Sesame Garlic- I'd never had a "hummus chip" before so I was super intrigued. They were incredibly flavorful, and hubs and I agreed they tasted like Sweet N' Sour Chicken- in a good way!
  • Coconut coffee- this is set on auto brew for tomorrow AM- smells good!
  • Lentil Chips- I've been wanting to try these for awhile but was really disappointed. They taste burnt and had very little flavor. Boo.
  • BPA Free coffee mug- self explanatory. Obv for the coconut coffee I'll be consuming this week :-)
Our sole purchase at Tar-jay:

A wine rack for 11.99. Sweet deal.

When we got home I took a little napper on the couch and woke up with bars on the brain.

No, not that kind of bar.

This kind.
CocoNuts N'Seeds Bars
(adapted from Mama Pea's KIND bars)
Nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and coconuts, with a hint
of maple and brown rice syrup and a pinch of brown sugar and salt. Use whatever nuts/seeds you have on hand. Perfect for snacktime!

Ingredients:

  • 3 TBSP ground flaxseed (I used flaxseed meal)
  • 1/4 cup + 3 TBSP brown rice syrup (or honey)*
  • 1/4 cup + 3 TBSP maple syrup
  • 1 t. salt
  • 2/3 cup chopped cashews (or your favorite nut)
  • 2/3 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 1 1/4 cup coconut flakes
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 9x9 baking pan (I finally purchased one for $5.00 @ TJ Maxx!)
2. Pour wet ingredients (syrups and flaxseed) into a small bowl.
3. Mix remaining ingredients into a medium bowl.
4. Pour wet into dry and mix until thoroughly coated.
5. Spread mix into pan. Press mixture down so it sticks together.
6. Bake at 350 F for 25 mins or until edges are crispy.

Look at all the wholesome goodness!

Well I'm off to bed. I have a yummy juice recipe to share with you tomorrow.

Until then...