The Connection Runners

What was I thinking?!

Whew! It was a BUSY weekend. Friday night we took my kiddo to see a Christmas festival. It had the usual arts/crafts, bounce houses, tree lighting and food vendors but the big draw for my son was getting to meet Santa.

We waited in line for an HOUR, but it was worth it because Dash was SO excited. We sat in Santa's sleigh with him, had our picture taken and then he got down to the business of his Christmas wish list.

Santa: "What do you want for Christmas"

Dash: "I want a Wii, a paintball gun and a pogo stick"

Santa: "Ummm... you'll have to be careful on a pogo stick"

Me: "Please don't bring him a pogo stick" (thinking OR a paintball gun..he is THREE)

Dash: looking at me "But I've been GOOD"
After a few promises to make Santa some chocolate chip cookies we were on our way.

Saturday:

The next day I took him to another Christmas event. He enjoyed craft time and of course cupcakes.

After crafts, Santa arrived. Yes... we saw him TWICE in a 24 hour period. I don't know why this didn't raise red flags to me. As a mom, it should've OCCURRED to me that this might not be a good idea, but I figured he is only 3 so it wouldn't be a big deal.

Once again, we waited in line to see Santa. When it was Dash's turn he climbed up in Santa's lap to have his picture taken. And then the present question came:

Santa: "And what do you want for Christmas"

Dash: looking up at him, "Ummm... the same things I told you YESTERDAY"

Santa: fumbling, "Ummm... why don't you go ahead and remind me"

Dash: "A Wii, a paintball gun and a pogo stick" (talk about consistent)

I knew I was going to have to answer questions, but Dash moved on to the next activity and I figured I was in the clearn.

A few hours later we visited my husband at work. Dash told him all about our activities that day. And then he said,

"I'm glad we saw Santa again"

me: frozen, not sure what was coming next

Dash: "Yeah, because he forgot what I wanted. I had to tell him again."

me: "Ok, well that's good"

Dash: "I spoke LOUDLY this time so he could hear me. He'd BETTER remember this time."

Of course I cracked up over that... .but here is the dilemma... .

pretty sure Santa is going to "forget" again. The thing is I "know" Santa and I'm pretty sure he doesn't find those things appropriate for a 3 year old. What are the odds Dash will change his mind before Christmas?

That evening we went to a Christmas parade. Can you tell I'm in the Christmas Spirit?

Don't worry, we managed to avoid Santa at this event. :)