The Connection Runners

Tasty Tuesday: Grilled Pizza's

I get a lot of reader emails asking what I eat. One of the reasons I don't post all (or really ANY) of my food intake is because I don't think there is *ONE* meal plan/way to eat. What works for me is personal, works for me. Find what works for you. Just eat good foods, in appropriate portions. And leave a little room for indulgences on occasion.

I love pizza. In fact, I actually eat it pretty often. Last week, when asked what I wanted to have at my family birthday meal, I of course said pizza. But not just any pizza, grilled pizzas.

Grillin'

My dad is a grill master (that's MR. Grill Master to you) :). Since I don't eat meat, I usually miss out on his skills. Grilled pizza and grilled fruit are the exceptions.

He starts by making his own pizza dough crust, you can find step by step directions with pictures HERE. (you can make whole wheat crust, but since the whole wheat flour isn't as elastic I would recommend only substituting half) Once the dough is ready, he divides it into balls for personal pizza's.

Then it becomes interactive. Each person rolls out their own crust the way they like it. I prefer thin 'n crispy.

We brush a little olive oil on one side, and then place it on the hot (oiled) grill.

When one side is grilled, we bring it in and start selecting toppings to dress the GRILLED side.

Then it goes back out to finish grilling and melting the cheese.

Its a great chance to get your kiddos involved. Let them select their own toppings, Dash picked out lots of mushrooms.

It's also an easy way to control your OWN toppings. Easy on the cheese for me. ;)

Heavy on mushrooms for Dash.

And, of course, if you aren't too naughty with the pizza then there should be room for a sliver of carrot cake. It WAS my birthday after all.

What's your favorite thing to grill?

Don't forget to enter my Ultimate Stocking Stuffer Giveaway.