The Connection Runners

Proof (in pictures) I will do anything to make Dash happy

You may remember from Dash's birthday post, but like a lot of three year old boys he is a train fanatic. Not surprisingly, his all time favorite movie that I get to suffer through enjoy all year long is Polar Express.

Austin Steam Train has their version of Polar Express called the "North Pole Flyer". This thing is crazy popular, we had to purchase our tickets WAY in advance.

For those of you that haven't seen Polar Express, its basically about a little boy that starts to doubt there is a Santa. In the middle of the night a train pulls up in front of his house. On board is other children with similar doubts. The little boy is persuaded to join them on the train (as I'm typing this I'm starting to wonder about what lesson I'm teaching my kiddo... ). Anyway, they all ride to the North Pole and get to see Santa and the elves. The experience fills them with the Christmas spirit and their belief in Santa is restored.

Did I mention the kids are in their Jammies the whole movie? Which is how, we ended up riding the train like this:

Oh yes, I'm totally rockin' the jammies.(anyone else think Dash looks embarrassed to be seen with me?)

My grandfather joined us, pictured here with Dash and my nephew.

Before boarding the train they served us hot chocolate.

Getting his ticket punched.

Mrs. Claus baked us cookies

Catching a breeze in between the train cars

Santa delivered each of the kiddos a present.

Christmas Caroling:

As you can tell from our rosey cheeks, we had a great time!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

What's YOUR favorite Christmas movie?