The Connection Runners

Hosting- How Do You Do It?

This weekend some of my husband's friends are visiting, and I was torn as to how to be a good host in my tiny apartment with my healthy, atypical food. Do I make his friends eat my homemade granola and healthy cookies, or do I bend my rules and buy junk food?

This is me being "pensive"

Wellllll...
Along with cleaning my entire apartment (husband obviously spearheaded this effort), I decided to compromise. Here is my grocery list:

Allie's "Compromised " Grocery List
1 bag whole wheat bagels
(toppings: pumpkin cream cheese, peanut butter, assorted jams and jellies)
1 bag whole wheat bread (I usually get quinoa bread)
2 packages turkey (smoked and oven roasted)
muenster cheese
1 bag baby carrots
1 bag apples and pears
fun size bags chips (cheetos, fritos, doritos)
Sweet potato spears (for fries)
BBQ pop chips
Blue corn tortilla chips + dip
PB puffins cereal
Organic Raisin Bran
1% milk
jelly beans for the table
coffee
Treats: fudgy brownies, PB chocolate chip cookies



Everyone plans to eat dinner out, so I didn't bother to look into buying meat.

Confession: To be honest, even when I ate a lot of meat, I never bought it, I always found it too expensive and I've never cooked it. I would only eat chicken/turkey when we went out to eat. Now I only eat it if there aren't any suitable protein options on the menu and/or someone makes it for a special event.

We have microwave popcorn, beer, bananas, mixed nuts, condiments, cereal toppings, etc. With time, (and a bigger apartment), I'm sure I'll accrue a greater ability to suit everyone's taste. For now, under my roof- you must eat your fruits and veggies.

Just kidding ;-)

I think I'll hide the wheatgrass.