The Connection Runners

Dec. 4th, Moab, and more

I'm pretty busy writing papers for finals, so I'll keep this short.

In case you've been in a hole, December 4th should be pretty interesting because of the all star line up happening out in San Francisco. I'll be interested in seeing what happens. Although, my interest is a little less than it was before, given that Tony dropped. AJW also pointed out that there is drawing for another big event happening on Dec. 4th that has been completely overshadowed by the NF50. My fingers are crossed.

Also, I signed up for the Moab 50K this morning. The RD decided to open up 50 more spots for the 50K. So I stayed up late (late for me in my advanced senescence) to sign up, thinking that it would run out in a few minutes. I tried to get onto Active.com, but it was all messed up (another bad experience on active.com, imagine that) so I sent the RD a message asking how I was supposed to get in. This morning I got a message from him and looked frantic, with lots of "!"s in it - like "sign up now!" - "Active.com messed up!" I tried again and it all worked out. When I was done punching in my credit card numbers I really started wondering about paying nearly $90 to race this thing when there are 'races' like this and this, which may be more fun (and are definitely cheaper).

Lastly, lots of people have been talking about yak-trax or Kahtoolas. Before you go invest in these, check this out. It came across the Boulder Trail Runners email list serve, so if you're on there you probably saw it. And it's written by Matt C, so you know it isn't b.s.

Hope you're all doing great. Cheers.