The Connection Runners

2010: A Year In Pictures

Last day of 2010! And here in Pittsburgh, it's 50F and sunny. Go figure.

But you know what that means... an outdoor run to end the year! 7 miles around the neighborhood. Love it.

Followed by another great way to end the year- fresh squeezed juice.

5-a-Day Juice
5 servings of fruits and veggies, simple, delicious!

2 medium oranges
1 medium fuji apple
1 kiwi
10 baby carrots

1. Peel 2 oranges and set aside.
2. Cut apple into slices (I used my apple cutter), then chop into smaller, bite sized pieces.
3. Chop kiwi into 1 inch x 1 in chunks.

4. Chop each baby carrot in halves.
5. Feed the fruits/veggies into the juicer. I started with orange slices, then kiwi, then carrots, then apple. I did not peel the apple or kiwi as I've read the peel is the best part!

And now for 2010... In pictures.

New Year's Eve 2009.Wore my favorite red hat to a friend's NYE party.

January. Finishing out 2nd year of medical school and returning to dark hair for the first time in years!

February. My birthday month! I turned 24 this year. Also celebrated the end of 2nd year at med school's "prom"- Black Bag Ball

March/April. Celebrated St. Patty's Day with some friends. Spent a lot of time at my kitchen table studying for the Boards.

May. Celebrated my grandma's 75th birthday. Had engagement photos taken. Officially became a 3rd year medical student and started clerkships!

June. Went to Cedar Point to ride the rollercoasters. Spent time with an old friend. Saw James Taylor and Carol King in concert.

July. Played with sparklers and enjoyed the fireworks by the water in the 'Burgh. Married my best friend!

August. Moved into a new apartment- with my very own kitchen! Celebrated my hubby's birthday. Spent time with my lovely girlfriends!

S
September. I started this lil blog! And set a new 10K PR.
Check out my first post here
And my first pumpkin lovin' post here

October. Went to a beautiful wedding. Went as "Babe" Ruth for Halloween. Tailgated at some Pitt games.

November
I blogged about my Reasons for Healthy Living, my Road to becoming a doc, and celebrated my Momma's 50th Birthday

December. I attended holiday parties, talked about my lifestyle, saw Chelsea Handler perform stand up, and spent time with my fam for the holidays

For me, this was the year I discovered Green Monsters. The year I began experimenting with cooking and baking healthy recipes. The year I became a third year medical student and one year closer to becoming a doctor. The year I got married. The year I started this blog.

What will 2011 bring?

Any resolutions for the New Year?