The Connection Runners

Stress=Chocolate ^2

I have an exam coming up, evaluations to be completed, my future to be decided... (jk- about the last part..sort of). Unfortunately, the way my body responds to stressful situations is with a mean craving--for chocolate. Now, the way(s) I attempt to divert my attention in this time of need are far from fullproof- and sometimes I really need a backup. Enter:

Double Chocolate Craving Muffins
I dare you to tell me these aren't healthy (I wouldn't mess with me when I'm stressed ;-)). I don't spare the nutrients when I'm filling my cravings..


Ingredients:
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar (Splenda brand for me)
3 TBSP cane sugar
1 TBSP stevia baking blend
1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
6 TBSP egg white replacement (or 2 eggs)
4 tsp smart balance oil (or olive oil/canola oil)
3 TBSP dark chocolate chips
2 TBSP chopped pecans
sprinkle of powdered Splenda if desired

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease/line muffin tins.
2. Mix oats, flour, spices, baking soda, cocoa powder and flaxseed into one bowl. Mix pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, cane sugar/stevia, olive oil in another bowl. Pour wet into dry, then fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
3. Pour batter into muffin tins, makes ~12 medium sized muffins.
4. Bake at 350 for ~20-22 mins. Sprinkle w/ powdered Splenda if desired (I desired).
5. Destress. Maybe two three times.

What's your stress craving(s)?

Yours in chocolate,

Allie