The Connection Runners

Hardrock 2011...?

The Hardrock 2011 application was posted sometime in the last few days. I've decided that I'm going to fill it out. As a first time applicant, I think that I only have a 17% chance of being accepted. While I was scanning the material this caught my eye:


I have also been advised that I may be exposed to physical injury from a number of natural factors, including snow on the course, lack of water, high water, lightning, mountain lions and bears, and to the hazards of vehicular traffic, and to those other hazards attendant upon running across or along roadways during the day or night including, among other things, the fact that I may become injured or incapacitated in a location where it is difficult or impossible for the event's management to get required medical aid to me in time to avoid physical injury or even death.

Awesome. I'm taking comfort in the fact that warnings like this are plastered everywhere, like on the side of buckets and stuff. But seriously, it's a pretty intimidating run. While I hope that I get in, there is some trepidation surrounding signing up for an event like this. Maybe I'm one of those 'unlucky souls' who will get in on their first attempt. Either way, I have a feeling that this year is going to be a good one.

Here's a choice photo from Blake Wood's 2007 Hardrock:

You can find the album here.