The Connection Runners

A New 10K PR, and 4 Flavor Fruity Pizza!

Hellooo everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend, mine was filled with lots of fun--Go go go and not much time for blogging :-). I did spend some time in the kitchen this weekend and have a yummy recipe to share with you. I spent a lot of time the past few days anxious about my 10K- and glad to report it went really well!
I set a new PR, and am so happy and relieved. Last year I ran this race it was my first 10K, so I was really gung-ho about training. This year I went about my exercising business and was hoping my race time would be around the same- I beat last year's time by ~1.5 mins!

Check out my hot pink seeded bib!

Pre-race, I spent the weekend having a great time with friends (Happy birthday Ruchi!), BBQing and dancing for my friend's birthday. For the BBQ I made this delicious treat:

4 Flavor Breakfast Pizza

(Sorry for the links, For some reason the server is rejecting ALL of my attempts to post pictures- what's going on there?)

I've used this recipe for OSG PBJ Banana Breakfast Pizza 3x already- and I'm in love! So quick, easy, and tasty.

4 Flavor Fruity Pizza:

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups whole grain spelt flour (or any other kind- wheat, white, all purpose..)
  • 1/2 cup buttery spread, melted (I used Smart Balance)
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup Vanilla Unsweetened Soymilk (or plain, or almond milk, etc)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • Assorted jams/spreads- I used Crofter's Four Fruit, Fig preserves, pumpkin butter, and huckleberry preserves
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
  • Sploosh of maple syrup
  • 2 tsp coconut flakes
  • 3-4 dried apricots
  • 2 TBSP dark chocolate chips
  • 1 TBSP raisins
  • 1 TBSP cashews
  • 1 TBSP chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a round pie pan.
2. Mix together the spelt flour, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
3. Add in butter and milk. Stir. You may need to hand knead the dough as it's very crumbly.
4. Press dough into bottom of greased pan. It will look like it's not going to stick together if you use spelt flour but trust me it will!
5. Score the pie into 4 sections (or 2, or just cover the whole pie in the topping of your choice!)
6. Spread jam/preserves/fruit butter over each respective section. Top w/ coconut, nuts, raisins, choc chips, PB, etc. I did:
1. Four Fruit jam w/pecans and dark chocolate chips
2. Pumpkin Butter with cashews and raisins
3. Huckleberry preserves with peanut butter (added after the pie was out of the oven!), banana slices, and chocolate chips
4. Fig preserves w/ maple syrup, coconut, and apricots.
7. Bake for 25 minutes at 400F. Remove and let cool before serving.
8. This pie is also delicious cold! Put it in the fridge and enjoy for breakfast :-).

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I'm off to do the same ;-)

Allie