The Connection Runners

A Lunch Post: Easy (and Healthy!) Egg Salad and Mealtime Musings

I realized as soon as I started this blog that I am not always the best at eating full meals, and my lunch menu repertoire is embarrassingly small. Today (and from here on out) I will make an effort to eat a lunch "to speak of," and I'll start with my first 'original' blog recipe (although I'm sure there are folks who have done similar things!). Apologies to those who are egg and dairy free- this is one of my "flex" meals!

Easy (and Healthy) Egg Salad
Ingredients:
1-2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped (remove the yolk if you like, but it's a great source of choline!)
~1/4 cup cottage cheese (I used TJs 4%)
~1 tsp mustard (I use Trader Joe's Aoli Garlic Mustard Sauce)
~1 tsp chives
~1 TBSP chopped pecans
~1 TBSP-1/8 cup shredded carrot

Combine 1 finely chopped hard boiled egg (or 2 if you like) with cottage cheese, TJ's Aoli Garlic Mustard sauce (or any other mustard you prefer), a handful of shredded carrots, chives, and pecans.
STIR!
Serve w/ whole wheat toast, over a salad, or eat it straight out of the bowl! For me, the aoli mustard sauce and chives really made the meal, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand. Or try almonds/walnuts instead of pecans, add celery or spinach, etc. You get the idea. I ate this on Trader Joes Multigrain Rustico Bread with a side of spinach, carrots, and black beans topped with Thinspired's Liquid Gold Salad Dressing. (PS can you tell I <3 Trader Joes?)

Enjoy!

Allie