The Connection Runners

What should I be when I grow up?

I'm still out of town (yes I know most people don't get to have month long "vacations"), and have limited internet access so everyone will have to excuse the lack of posts lately. I have one week left in Texas and then I'll be heading home... for a few days. :) Three days after I get in town we're heading down to The Keys for the weekend. That's only a few hours south of us, but I'm looking forward to the sun, sand and seeing if I'm brave enough to post pictures of me in a bathing suit. (only time will tell... )

Anyway, awhile back I opened myself up to questions from my readers. I've answered a few so far and wanted to go ahead and tackle another one today.

Kristen at EatingRD asked:

"What's one thing that has really kept you motivated or prevented you from going back to old ways? How could you instill that in others?"

This question is one I've been thinking a lot about lately. For those of you that don't know, I'm mid-way through a social work degree. Social work is something I'm very interested in, but lately I'm wondering if that's my true passion. The thing I like best about social work is helping people, but I can do that in other fields as well. This past year has made me rethink "what I want to be when I grow up".

I truly feel that I have so much to share and offer those who are in the same situation I was in. This journey towards a healthy life has not been just about me, it's been about me showing others it IS possible to lose weight and be healthy by simply eating well and moving your body.

I am so passionate about the way I've accomplished weight loss. I want to spread the word that it doesn't take a pill, surgery or a pre-packaged "diet". I want to find a way to help others see how simple it really is.

So I'll be spending more time in thought and doing some research. I'm not sure if this means looking towards becoming a dietitian, getting certified as a personal trainer, being a wellness coach... or what. I just know that at this point in my life I am supposed to be helping others conquer obesity and establish a healthy lifestyle.

On a side note, I hit a new weight loss milestone. I am now down 125 pounds! Yippeee!

I would love to hear your ideas on how I can accomplish my goal of helping others.

And don't forget to enter my KettleWorx Giveaway.