The Connection Runners

Are you up for an adventure?

A couple of weeks ago my father sent me an email with the link to his friend Tims blog. He said this was a buddy he had grown up with and he was involved in some things I might find interesting.

I followed the link over and instantly noticed the title "Tim Osburn Marathon Des Sables". I fired an email back to my dad, "Wow, he's running the Marathon de Sables?!?" For those of you that don't know, the MdS is a 6 day, 156 mile ultra marathon across the Sahara Dessert in Morocco. It is considered "the toughest footrace on Earth".

I had heard about it before because I've been secretly devouring books and information on ultras. Don't get any ideas people-I have no plans on running anything longer than a marathon. But... just last year I said I'd never run more than 5K so you never know. :)

Anyway, it turns out that Tim isn't just a crazy runner he's a full out adventurer. This summer he is leading a group over Mount Kilimanjaro.He has some friends accompanying him, one of which is world class photographer Erich Schlegel. He has shot for New York Times, National Geographic Adventure, Usa Today and has recently been covering the Olympics. Erich will be giving photography lessons during the safari portion of the climb.

So why am I telling you all this info? Well, first I'd love you to head over and check out their awesome blogs and show some support. The other reason is there is one or two spots open on the Kilimanjaro trip. If you're interested in an adventure of your own then shoot me an email and I'll get you in touch with Tim. He offered me the opportunity as well and I can tell you, if I win the lottery between now and then I will certainly take him up on the offer. :)

Would you like to connect with other adventure minded folks? Head over to DaysofAdventure.com.

And finally I'd like to introduce you to one more inspiring person. Gary Guller is a Mt. Everest Summiter. He is running the Marathon des Sables and is raising awareness and funds for the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. CLICK HERE to check out his fundraising page. And if all of that isn't inspirational enough I'll go ahead and mention he only has one arm.

Please take the time to check out each of their blogs. Not only will your support mean a lot to them, but I'm pretty sure you'll find your daily dose of inspiration.

If you could go on one "adventure" what would it be?