The Connection Runners

Sunny and Gorgeous Friday Favorites

Let's one thing straight: I didn't go into teaching for the summers off (despite the mindless dribble of certain lawmakers who deem otherwise.)

However, the whole "I don't have to work for roughly 3 months" feeling is pretty nice, I'll admit.

And now we're down to a mere 2 weeks. 14 days. 336 hours. However you put it, that's exactly how much longer I have until I'm a free lady. I. can. make. it.

Luckily, the weather's been fantastic this week, making coming home from a long work day that much more enjoyable.

Here's how the week stacked up:

Follow These Folks.

  • Because of You (from Peanut Butter Fingers). One of my favorite bloggers announced this week that she was leaving her full-time job to become a full-time blogger and freelance writer. Great gig, eh? Such an inspiring tale - it takes a boat load of guts to give up what you've always known to do what you've always loved.

  • Ma Two Cents on Blogging Popularity (from The Faster Bunny). This is a great post about the whys of blogging, particularly aimed at those who aren't super glam in the Blog World. Loved it. Go check it out!

Fun from On the Road Again.
After a long Memorial Day holiday weekend, I jumped back into writing and actually got outside a few times for real exercise.

  • May ended earlier this week, so it was time to reflect back on the month and set some new goals for June.
  • I met Megan for a running date to celebrate National Running Day. Running Dates are awesome, especially when they fall on a holiday for runners!

  • And I accepted the Daily Mile daily mission yesterday and took a walk to see what my environment had to offer. I asked followers to share what they learned while out on a run or a walk, and I got some pretty cool responses:

Fabulous Finds.

  • Breakfast for dinner. Ok, so this isn't really a "find", but I forget how yummy and fun (to me!) it is to have egg whites, hashbrowns, turkey sausage, and wheat toast at time when I'm normally throwing together pasta or eating gross leftovers. Kevin and I ventured over to Red Olive, a little Coney Island-type diner, on Thursday to have just that for din-din.
  • A Groupon for $20 to Old Navy for a mere $10! (Don't know what Groupon on is? Click on the link to find out... it's amazeballs.)

  • And last, this super cute tote from Boden.

For me, this week was about mixing things up a little. What do you do to spice up your weekly routine?