The Connection Runners

Keep On... Keepin' On

Thanks to everyone who commented on yesterday's post about Gossip and negative energy surrounding blogging. It's nice (although a horrible situation) to know that I'm not the only one who has gotten flack for trying my hand at blogging. Sure, when I first started blogging my friends/husband/family didn't understand why, but over time they realized how much it made me happy... and I'm pretty sure the only way my mom knows I'm alive on the days I don't call her is by checking the blog ;-) (hi Mom!).

I talked this out with the hubs last night, trying to figure out who would even care if I blogged or not. I read through old posts, trying to figure out what I said that was offensive or laughable. I cried a little. And then I went to spin class, spun until my legs were jello, and moved on. (Spin therapy is the best!). Whenever you put your life out there for others to read about/analyze/judge/whatever, it makes sense that people may not agree with you, people may not like you, etc. I think everyone has the desire to be liked, but I know that I'm a very opinionated person and I can't win every battle.

For now I will keep on doing what I'm doing. Right now it's work out, class, and working at my school's end-of-year play/production for the graduating seniors. Then onward to the last weekend before I really hit the OR for my surgery rotation (last 2 weeks was anesthesia).

What are you up to this weekend?

Do you try to be liked or try not to care what people think? (Or both?)