The Connection Runners

Rock N Roll San Antonio Marathon Weekend (part 1)

Whew! This weekend was crazy busy. It was filled with highs and lows. It has taken me a couple of days to wrap my head around everything.

Friday:

Earlier in the week the ladies at RunningSkirts.com invited me to join them in their expo booth. Since I am a die hard RunningSkirts fan I of course jumped at the opportunity. I drove down to San Antonio Friday morning to work in their booth. I had a great time working with Katri and getting familiar with their amazing new fall line. Check it out HERE.

Friday night I just tried to relax and prepare for my big interview the next morning.

Saturday:
Sony was my official sponsor for the race and they set up an interview between me and Meb, who is also Sony sponsored.

The interview went great! I'm happy to report Meb is super nice and easy to talk to. I feel like the interview deserves a post of its own, so look for that soon. Along with the interview I will be giving away a couple of autographed copies of his new book "Run To Overcome".

I will give you a sneak peek though. I opened with the joke I had put in my previous Meb post.

After introducing myself and explaining I was a Sony sponsored blogger I told him, "Meeting a big name, sponsored athlete can be pretty intimidating... ." (wait for it... .) "but just try to relax, I'll do my best to put you at ease"

AND HE LAUGHED and said "thanks, I appreciate that." :)

Expo:

After hanging with Meb, I went ahead and hit up the expo with my family. My first stop was the KT tape booth. I had struggled with a knee injury for the last few weeks of my training and I was hoping the kinesio tape would give me extra support. (I ended up getting both knees taped)

We then checked out the Brooks Carnival where my son ended up with a giant shoe.

And I embarrassed my parents entertained a group of people by practicing my finish line pose options.

excited with arms raised:

Or maybe I would just run through it:

No, bursting through the tape is definitely better:

Soon it was time to jam with a strange Elvis impersonator my dad and son.

From Elvis to KISS, the expo was ROCKIN'

Somehow, between working it, interviewing Meb and picking up packets I ended up at the expo 3 times. At the last visit my husband and I picked up fellow blogger, Adam, and headed to our blogger meet up.

Meet up:

We had a yummy Italian dinner (hello goat cheese pizza) at Paesano's. I was so excited to meet other running bloggers .

Everyone was super sweet, the dinner was over way too quickly. Thanks to Dawn, Leah, Crystal, Adam and all the spouses/friends for coming out and making it a special evening.

After those two amazing days I was pumped up and ready for race day. Part 2 coming soon.

(yes, I'm totally going to leave you hanging)