The Connection Runners

Panko Crusted Orange Ginger Tofu, Cheezy Savoury Oats, Me and Goji

Hey everyone! Hope you had a great weekend, mine was great. The ladies at the peds clinic loved the pumpkin brownies- they were gobbled up:-) Not as much time spent in to kitchen this weekend but I did whip up a healthy dinner tonight to make up for the indulgence(s) I had this weekend (Hello pizza, brunch, kettle chips... ).

Panko Crusted Orange Ginger Tofu
I love the crunch of this tofu! I'd definitely recommend letting the tofu marinate for as long as possible so it really soaks up the flavor.

Ingredients:
1 block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed dry
Japanese style Panko Breadcrumbs (enough to coat the amount of tofu you're using)

Orange, Ginger, and Coconut Sauce (my new find from TJ Maxx)-

obviously most of you won't have this on hand- so I'd suggest using 1 cup orange juice, 2 tsp minced ginger, and 2 TBSP Coconut oil
2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Cut up tofu into slices, place in container.
3. Mix Orange-Coconut-Ginger mix and nutritional yeast in a small bowl, pour over sliced tofu.
4. Let marinate 15 mins-overnight- more time to marinate= more flavor!
5. Pour panko crumbs onto a plate, roll tofu cubes/slices through the crumbs, coating both sides
6. Bake for 20 mins at 400F.

And while the tofu's in the oven- get to work on:

Cheezy Savoury Oats (adapted from OSG You're So Cheezy Savoury Oats)
These are a healthy alternative to mac + cheese. The "cheese" factor really comes from the nutritional yeast, but feel free to sub in your own favorite cheese if you like. I eat them plain but optional toppings include veggies, hot sauce, avocado, tomato sauce, etc!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp turmeric
1 cup water
1/2 cup soymilk (or any other milk)
2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
1 TBSP shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
1 tsp Bragg's AAs (or soy sauce)
pinch garlic powder
1 TBSP oil (I used canola)

Directions:
1. Pour all ingredients into a medium pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to low heat and let simmer, covered, for 10 mins. Stir frequently.
3. Serve! So easy :-)

And as promised, my Me and Goji cereal came...

This cereal is chock full of healthy deliciousness! I'd never tried the "healthy hoops" before and they're so crunchy and slightly sweet- like grown up Cheerios! (Not that grown ups don't eat Cheerios lol). There's a lot of texture in this cereal- crunchy, chewy, crispy. The best part about it is it's my original mix- which I think makes it taste even better ;-). The name "Raisin the Bar" was mentioned on Me and Goji's website as well--exciting! I also got a coupon in the cereal container for Chocomize chocolate- my other favorite customized food. It may be making an appearance sometime soon on the blog.

This weekend was a running-only weekend- which is ok with me. Did 3 miles Friday, 5 miles Saturday, and 4 miles today.

Granola recipe to come tomorrow!

Allie