The Connection Runners

Allll Aboard

My sons 3rd birthday was this weekend.

On Friday we took him to lunch at Terra Burger which is an all organic burger place in Austin. Its a small, walk up joint that caters to young families. All seating is outside on picnic benches surrounding a playground.

After Terra Burger we headed to watch Despicable Me in 3D.

He is really into trains right now, so we spent Saturday on the Hill Country Flyer. It is a restored locomotive from the early 1900s. The train ride was a 66 mile round trip that took us from Cedar Park (north of Austin) to historic Burnet, Texas.

Once the train arrived in Burnet we had lunch at a local park and watched a gunfight reinactment in their "Wild West" show. Here are a few pictures from our day.

Showing off his ticket:

Hanging out the train window (*while it was STOPPED*):

Getting his ticket punched by the conductor:

Hanging out on the platform in between the cars:

In the souvenir/snack car:

On the playground during lunch

Wild West Gunfight


I can't believe my child is THREE!

(and since I've probably overwhelmed you enough with pictures of my child, I will wait until my next post to tell you all about his amazing birthday race)