The Connection Runners

New traditions

Hope everyone had a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. We spent ours at Disneyworld. We had a wonderful time. It was nice being able to spend the holiday as a family, and not have the day centered around food. Here are a couple of pictures from our day.

"It's A Small World" ride

Meeting Minnie and Mickey

The castle lit up for Christmas.

My husband and I have also started a new "tradition" of sorts for the weekend. I've been joking that he may run FASTER than me, but I can run FURTHER than him. So we had a bet going on this week trying to see who could run 6 miles. Yesterday we ran together and I'm super proud to say we both completed the 6 mile run! We have decided that we will take a long run together every weekend.

This week has made me think about the importance of traditions in our lives. Previously most of our traditions were centered around food. There was our traditional Saturday/Sunday morning "Pancake Breakfasts", our Friday "Pizza and movie nights" and of course anything we were celebrating in life whether birthdays or accomplishments was celebrated with cake.

Some of these things are so ingrained in us that we don't even realize we are doing it. It's time for new traditions people. I enjoyed my Saturday run with the hubby more than I enjoyed sitting around gorging ourselves on pizza. It was wonderful to get out and celebrate being healthy together. I look forward to making new traditions that are people centered as opposed to food centered.

(Speaking of my hubby... .today is our anniversary. I have been married to Charles for three years now, I am certainly blessed. Happy Anniversary honey, I love you.)

Have you started any new "healthy" traditions with your family? Please share.