The Connection Runners

We grow because we struggle, we learn and overcome

Yesterday I ate well, worked out for an hour, drank plenty of water and pretty much felt like a Freaking Healthy Living Rock Star. Yeah, I was feeling cocky. You see, with months off from running due to an(other) injury, and the holidays and a myriad of other excuses I had slacked off and pretty much got squishy.

But the last few weeks I’ve been eating better and working out more. And I’ve been feeling great! Crazy how much better you feel in health and attitude when you take care of your body.

But there is life outside of eating well and working out and yesterday was a tough day on a different level. Sometimes outside influences creep in.

So after that stellar day, after eating dinner, after being completely satisfied food wise I did something without thought to my action: I ate a late night bowl of sugary cereal.

Ok, not hugely shocking, its just a bowl of cereal after all, but I was upset with what I had done. I ate a giant bowl of cereal when I wasn’t hungry. I ate junk I’ve been trying to refrain from. And I did it without even realizing what I was doing.

As I sat there last night berating myself for struggling I realized something; its ok to struggle if you’re learning. If you had asked me yesterday morning if I was a stress eater I would have told you “No”. I honestly didn’t think I was one. But last night taught me otherwise.

I can’t change my actions last night, but I can learn from them. And as long as I’m learning then I’m making progress.

triciaattrials

We grow because we struggle, we learn and overcome.
R. C. Allen