The Connection Runners

Pursuing a passion: HEB ZOOMA Texas Girlfriends Program

Lately I've needed a kick in the pants, one that pushes me to pursue my passions.

I was an Austin Ambassador for ZOOMA Women's Race Series this year. I loved my time in the position as it gave me an outlet to share my love of running with local women. I helped lead weekly training runs, encouraged women in their efforts and then got to share in their joy when they crossed that finish line. It was an amazing experience.

Recently ZOOMA reached out to me with another amazing opportunity. They have asked me to be the Program Manager for their new H-E-B ZOOMA Texas Girlfriends Program.

This is a program for beginners, or those who may have "fallen off the wagon" and are looking for motivation and inspiration to complete a 5K or half marathon. The ladies in the program will be paired up with local mentors for accountability and support, will be provided training plans, access to group runs, free race entry into ZOOMA Texas 5K or half marathon on March 31st, as well as ZOOMA gear. Of course, the biggest perk of all will be crossing that finish line on race day.

ZOOMA is passionate about empowering women through health and fitness, and this H-E-B sponsored program is a way to connect and support women just starting out on their healthy living journey. You can find out more about the program HERE.

I'm excited to be a part of a program that combines my passions of running and helping others reach their goals.

What are you passionate about?

How did you get started running?