The Connection Runners

It's All About the Venue

Hellooo friends! This may be the longest I've gone without blogging, I apologize but it's been a whirlwind and the excitement and stress is far from gone. I won't bore you with the details of med school, so let's talk about wedding planning.

First off, my husband has been amazing with researching and visiting reception halls and ceremony locations. He's been an e-mailing, phone call making fiend this past month. Who's impressed? This girl. We cast a pretty wide net in Pittsburgh- restaurants, hotels, alumni club, outdoor venues, halls, and conservatories to name a few. We set a budget and then hubs crunched numbers for each place to see which fit the bill. Then we started looking for the important things we decided mattered most:

1. Food
2. Location
3. Packages (what's included)
4. Booze
5. Easy to work with
6. Experience
7. Ratings/Reviews

Among other things. We've been to a few places to try the food, and I've been able to peek at some of the reception halls we're thinking of. Overall, it's disappointing that I can't be all over the planning at this point, but school and applying to residency (not to mention the Board exam I take in... gulp... 6 days) are taking the front seat. We've got our choices narrowed down to 2 or 3... and now it's time to haggle. I'm really excited about the prospects!

In other related news... .my wedding dress has arrived! I plan to pick it up next weekend. Any guess what it looks like??

Hope everyone's doing well and enjoying the tail end of summer :o)